Eaton Corporation is currently seeking a Director, Global Materials Programs to join our team. This position is based at Cleveland, Ohio.
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by pursuing customer excellence, driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Director, Global Materials Programs will drive strategy building, roadmap creation and lead the implementation of key materials management initiatives across Eaton businesses and regions.
Reporting to the Vice-President of Global Materials Management and Logistics, this role will work across businesses and regions to select, prioritize and drive value creation across our Supply Chain. This person will be accountable to the Global Materials Council (GMC) in ensuring we develop the "best-in-class" roadmap, lead the creation of materials' policies / global playbooks, develop a Eaton Business System (EBS) SIOP process and create materials strategies that will drive performance improvement (OTD, DOH, Premium, E&O, etc.).
- You will lead the SIOP council to develop SIOP into an EBS process and build Eaton's SIOP Maturity & Effectiveness Roadmap considering people, process and systems.
- You will lead the Supplier Collaboration Initiative by establishing a clear, robust next gen solution in close partnership with IT that enables us to fundamentally alter our supplier relationships to be more "partnership" like, where we fluidly share forecasts, capacities, objectives and constraints.
- You will drive functional excellence in Materials by assessing current state organizational competencies and structures, providing leadership to make improvements
- You will actively manage the Materials OCA process (led by the VP of Materials & Logistics, GMC) by ensuring we have consistent titles, career maps and assessment approaches.
- You will own the MMA (Materials management assessment) process (and associated materials elements in OPA), its development, deployment, tracking OFIs and ascertaining themes and ensuring action plans are created/ followed.
- You will own, manage the policies and playbooks structure (global, regional and divisional) and create a mechanism for deployment that is effective.
- You will manage APICS, CPIM trainings and other programs.
- You will provide functional leadership for the Pune Shared Services Center (SSC) Materials Team (120+ associates) and develop expertise through VSM’s, BPI workshops, SIOP academy, etc.
- You will facilitate alignment between the regional Materials Councils and the GMC.
- You will benchmark Eaton key metrics externally and ensure we are consistently abreast considering the latest developments in materials for value creation at Eaton.
- You will develop and maintain basic standardized ERP training.
- Minimum of 10 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
- 7-10 years’ supply chain experience with increasing size and complexity across multiple specialties including SIOP, purchasing, logistics, global trade management, materials management and / or developing commodity or work stream strategies
- 3-5 years’ leadership experience in regional, divisional, business and / or corporate roles
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- Ability to get results in complex operations (multiple businesses, ERPs, distributed footprint, etc.).
- Extremely strong project management skills and ability to lead workshops
- Demonstrated ability with process improvement methodologies and project management skills and applications.
- Active I&D advocate and a talent scout
- Global perspective and ability to adapt to different cultures (regional differences, functional specificities…)
- Ability to balance Strategic Agility and Execution
- Ability to build strong networks across the organization to achieve best possible results
- Effectively drive change while dealing with ambiguity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time