Eaton Corporation has an opening for a SOX Lead Auditor within the Electrical Sector. This position is can be based at our Raleigh, NC location.
This position is the Internal Control Lead Auditor for Electrical Sector Finance. The incumbent will help set and ensure compliance with finance policy and internal control standards. The incumbent will manage and perform global internal control testing for key processes as defined by Eaton financial management and policy. The incumbent will identify & implement Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and broader control training and best practices Sector-wide. The incumbent will work closely with internal audit, operations, and the internal control team. The incumbent will provide accurate and timely reporting to senior management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Help to plan internal control audit approach & scope, including control & site selection, audit scheduling, and resourcing.
- Lead and perform global internal control testing for key business processes (on-site & remote reviews). Responsible for audit coordination, fieldwork, reporting, and leading a team of auditors
- Track remediation status and work closely with management to ensure timely remediation of internal control issues.
- Lead and perform quality reviews and validations of control activities performed by the business (ex. balance sheet review validations) to enable reliance by internal and external audit.
- Assist with monitoring the progress of key Electrical Sector activities such as design self-assessments, monitoring controls (balance sheet reviews), SOX control validations, Internal Audit results, etc.
- Work closely with internal audit, operations, and the senior management team to develop a strong internal control environment across the Sector
- Perform special projects related to internal control on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the development of a data analytics program and the creation of tools to enhance continuous monitoring capabilities across the Sector.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business from an accredited institution
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in accounting, finance policy and/or internal control standards
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation will be offered for this role. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Raleigh, NC facility to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Accounting experience within a global manufacturing company, or public accounting experience, preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Financial auditing background & understanding of internal control theory
- Understanding of financial business processes (INV, OTC, PTP, RTR)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Manage multiple projects/audits concurrently.
- Flexibility to anticipate and react to changes
- Desktop Analytics (Excel skills are a necessity)
- Understanding of Eaton financial systems and standards preferred
- Multi-cultural awareness and experience beneficial
- Travel up to 25%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time