Eaton’s Power Delivery Division located in Nacogdoches, Texas has an opening for an Operational Excellence Manager. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The OPEX Manager will manage the manufacturing engineering team and support the execution operational performance by reducing equipment downtime and process failures and improve productivity. Develop, recommend, and implement approved capital programs to support the profit/strategic plans and cost out goals. Deploy the Eaton Quality System and CIF/ELSS at the operational level in conjunction with the quality analyst and Lean Coordinator. Provide overall quality leadership throughout the organization. Drive continuous process improvement (CIF) efforts through the implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools with the lean coordinator. Guide, direct, maintain and monitor all activities associated with the successful application of Eaton’s Quality System and Manufacturing excellence team to deliver on planned operational metrics. Provide support in Total Quality Leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and the support service functions of the organization. Manage the Quality Assurance strategy to facilitate continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develop and implement an Operations Excellence organizational structure capable of supporting the profit plan and Objective Plan initiatives and lead the efforts to deploy EQS and CIF to achieve these goals.
- Plan and deploy training to support the plant’s goals and objectives in manufacturing excellence, lean manufacturing, and quality assurance.
- Work consistently to maintain safe and healthy working conditions, to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injury and illness and to observe Federal, State, local, and overall regional company safety and health regulations. Must reflect an interest in company safety and health objectives and required to set a good example by always observing the rules as a part of the normal work routine.
- Provide Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback to the division –and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- Provide support to the Supplier Resource Management organization relative to the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the division.
- Study, investigate, and recommend new or leading edge technologies, methods, tools and procedures on the fields of manufacturing engineering, quality assurance, and continuous improvement to proactively address changes in the business environment.
- Lead the initiatives of the operation as the Management Representative in the development, implementation and improvement of the appropriate Quality Management Systems throughout the organization, with all the documentation required. This includes providing advanced quality planning support in the development and launch of new products, processes and services.
- Lead the Internal ISO 9000 audit program for the organization and manage the corrective action system in conjunction with the management review process.
- Analyze key quality metrics and manufacturing process metrics related to both the Eaton Balanced Scorecard and customer systems and perform periodic reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- Manage the performance and provide career development opportunities to all the employees within the manufacturing engineering and OpEx function of the organization.
- Support compliance with ISO by ensuring that processes needed for the quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained. Report to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any needs for improvement through Management Reviews. Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Train and lead plant in CI tools, Continuous Improvement Framework, EBS pull, and Rapid Improvement events through hands-on events.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree accredited intuition is required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing or lean manufacturing deployment in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience as a manager of people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Professional Engineering Certification (PE, CQE, CQM, etc.)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time