Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid and Electrical Control Division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team.
This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
This position coordinates with the master scheduler and initiates the timely release of purchase orders as well as negotiates contracts for production materials.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will:
- Analyze current orders, historical data, and other records to determine the best source.
- Maintain an adequate supply of assigned commodities.
- Reduce excess incoming inventory by continually reviewing action message reports. Maximize the value of each purchase consistent with the Company's requirements and policies to achieve balance between function, productivity, quality, and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
- Resolve problem situations related to selection of source, price, deliveries, specifications, quality and other terms with suppliers and various internal departments.
- Maintain part parameters with MRP.
- Determine adjustments to inventory as a result of scrap, damage or loss of parts.
- Support the Value Stream Manager to improve deliveries when necessary.
- Create and maintain supplier schedules on a weekly basis to ensure accurate and on-time information flow to suppliers.
- Support lean manufacturing initiatives through kitting and value stream mapping activities as required.
- Develop and maintain purchase part strategy (PFEP).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Only candidates residing within the immediate area (50 miles) will be considered for this position as NO relocation benefit offered. Active duty Military personnel are exempt from geographic restrictions.
- 1 year with some relevant work experience within Supply Chain.
- Position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. "Green Card Holder"), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Supply Chain Management required from an accredited institution.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience within Excel using V Lookups and Pivot Tables
- Experience with ERP System i.e. MFGPro, SAP, AS400, Oracle
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No