Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a System Architect to join our team. This position is based at our Atlanta, GA facility.
The System Architect is responsible for helping set the overall IoT architecture vision and technology roadmap for value added connected lighting applications across the lighting businesses.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will evaluate and propose IoT technology and architecture platform by either leading or doing proof of concepts
- You will evaluate partner solutions and recommend prospective partnership opportunities across the IoT stack
- You will help architect the entire connected lighting system for respective lighting businesses.
- You will help execute the system design from concept through transition to production within the scope, schedule, and budget constraints
- You will institutionalize and drive architecture best practices across business design teams
- You will help define technology roadmap and lead new technology investigations
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
Minimum of 10 years of software or integration and architecture experience
Minimum of 5 years of experience in one or more of the following programming languages (C, C++, C#, Java)
Minimum of 1 year experience working with cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and developing SaaS applications
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates who currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Atlanta, GA will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Knowledge of wireless technologies e.g. BLE, ZigBee, Wi-Fi
Experience with messaging protocols, e.g. AMQP, MQTT, etc.
Systems engineering design experience within the IoT space
SW design experience in SDK and/or API based development
Commercial electronics design experience
Experience with the Agile SW development processes and tools
Experience with data analytics and regression analysis.
- Scaled Agile Framework Scrum master
Embedded firmware and/or hardware development experience
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Proven track record of successfully designing, reviewing and delivering engineering systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of sub-contracted activities
- Hands on working knowledge of wide range of technologies across the IOT stack including embedded systems, network topologies, transport protocols, cloud computing, stream processing, data management, analytics, security, identity management and application development
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time