Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Eaton Vehicle Group (VG) has an opening for a Director Quality, CI & PM EMEA
- Responsible for developing and implementating VG EMEA Quality Plan as well as being the champion for change management across the organziation
- Develop ‘Quality Culture’ within the business
- Responsible for the successful implementation of new programs
- Drive CI mindset across the organization and implement Boot Camps
- Accountable for functional performance results at the Regional level of measurement to improve global competitiveness and customer satisfaction
- Lead all customer quality programs and issue resolution.
- Champion the Eaton Quality System (EQS) within VG EMEA. Oversee annual EQS assessments with qualifying sites as well as the Quality Functional Review (QFR) process. Identify with site quality/ OPEX management appropriate action plans for smaller operational facilities
- Overall ownership of the Quality Alert process for VG EMEA. Should ensure timely escalation/ communication of customer spill incidents, and coordinate with site quality/ OPEX management & Supplier Quality colleagues
- Takes an active role in PROLaunch decision gates to ensure flawless product and/or process launches. Ensures Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or First Article Inspection (FAI) requirements and processes are performed
- Establishes accurate and relevant complaint handling process to gain appropriate response time and customer satisfaction
- Gather appropriate benchmarking and comparative data, including competitor data, to drive continuous performance improvement. Work with site quality/ OPEX management to improve performance, including the identification and standardization of best practices
- Provide training support for sites in the use of quality tools, including: 8D, PFMEA, Control plans, Root Cause, Six Sigma, PPAP, APQP, CAR/ DMR, QRQC, LPA, OpA, Quality Functional Review (QFR), Plant Manager Training
- Ensures practices are documents and shared between different parts of VG EMEA and within Eaton
- Assist VG EMEA plants in the deployment, verification and maintenance of business systems
- Upgrade the Supplier Quality performance leveraging the plant support and Vehicle Group support of the SDE organization
- Support systemic quality system gaps annually or as required by the business needs.
- Maintain contact with industry trends as they relate to quality system requirements (customer specifics, customer scorecards, industry action groups and relevant functional organizations)
- Assist in the scheduling of third party and internal quality system audits within the region
- Support the management review process for Business Units and Region
- Support EBE certification throughout the region as required
- Perform additional quality support functions as required
- Develop, implement, improve and oversee the Program Management approach for Vehicle Group EMEA, providing leadership and direction to VG EMEA and product lines based in EMEA
- Ensure Flawless Launch of product and process through the use of PROLaunch and Project Management methodologies
Education level required:
- BS degree in engineering or business; MBA preferred.
Years and area of experience required:
- BB or MBB Six Sigma certification required. Minimum of 10 years in Quality and/or Operations. Experience in large multi-national manufacturing organizations with complex matrix structures.
- About 3 years experience in quality system auditing or successful completion of an accredited lead auditor course or CQA.Strong background in quality engineering, manufacturing processes including lean manufacturing tools and change management
- Significant knowledge and understanding of quality requirements including ISO 9000, ISO/TS 16949 and statistical process control techniques
- Experience with new program introductions.
- Fluency English. Any other European languages would be a plus.
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills
- Expertise with lean process engineering and process modeling
- Expertise in driving business process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to lead a global cross-functional team in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed environment.
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization
- Creative thinker and have a vision of how to drive the organization to the next level
- Demonstrated ability in the area of strategic process creation and implementation
- Ability to identify and implement emerging supply management tools
- Strong motivation and mentoring skills
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. At Eaton, we see things differently.
We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time