Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
Global Procurement Continuous Improvement Specialist, Ferrous Metals
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our supply chain, the Global Procurement Continuous Improvement Specialist will support Ferrous Metals Category Manager responsibilities including sourcing, negotiating and executing our sourcing strategy to ensure key metrics for the procurement function (Cost Out, DPO, Diversity Spend, etc.) are achieved. This role will share best practices, interface with EIIC (Pune) to drive "big bet" projects and working with ESSC COE (Pune) in terms of eRFQ and Should Costing. In addition, this role will hold VA/VE type activities with top spend suppliers and lead projects that have high impact on cost out activities.
Your key deliverables :
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead continuous improvement events to drive pipeline activities and implemented cost savings (e.g. VAVE, Value Stream Mapping, etc.).
- You will help develop and manage big bet/gamechanger type projects with EIIC (Pune) to ensure that there is a healthy pipeline of cost out IDEAS.
- You will collaborate with category managers on should cost models and help set the stage for supplier negotiations.
- You will support Category Manager responsibilities including sourcing suppliers, negotiating and managing supplier contracts, and ensuring a high level of quality and delivery performance is maintained by suppliers and associated partners at all times.
- You will maintains high level relationship with suppliers/distributors/service centers, etc.and key stakeholders within Eaton.
- You will review both economic and market trends and advises the businesses on best sourcing strategies for Ferrous Metals.
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on CI and procurement– than please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in Supply Chain or Operations
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. CPM, CPIM)
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 1-2 years’ supply chain experience with accountability across multiple manufacturing facilities
- Position Criteria
- Knowledge of the Ferrous Metals category and ability to identify technology and economic trends within the category
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out.
- Creative thinking skills to produce new approaches in category management and implement emerging tools
- Communication, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to converse with senior management, suppliers, operations and SCM personnel
- Ability to coordinate cross-functional / global teams
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time