Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Assembler to join our team! This position is based at our Milton, Ontario facility and will be working on the afternoon shift.
Reporting to a Production Manager, this position is responsible for mounting and intermediate wiring of components and sub-assemblies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Wire point to point and use harnesses as required.
- Read and interpret drawings while ensuring assembly bill of material accuracy.
- Check parts picked/delivered to parts required. As a result, you will resolve discrepancies, if any, with supervisor when required.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of the internal materials replenishment system.
- Communicate schematic issues/concerns/errors with Coordinator or Manager.
- Repair and modify any errors detected by test/inspection.
- Work to required operating procedures, bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineering to established procedures. You will work to CSA and UL code.
- Utilize various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Follow standard layouts as required.
- Ensure proper labeling of wire on both ends.
- Maintain a safe work environment and will ensure tools have been calibrated according to calibration schedules.
- Perform pull tests on wire when completed.
- Mentor new electrical assemblers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years wiring experience.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Milton to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing/assembly setting is preferred.
- Knowledge of CSA and UL code.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials, and engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated experience of strong attention to detail with a high focus on quality.
- Good problem solving, mathematical skills and troubleshooting ability.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No