- Maintaining site ISO/OHSAS certifications; assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics; assuring closure of MESH and Regulatory Agency findings on a timely basis; completion of required training for EHS personnel; managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions; supporting actions during crises; supporting and managing a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Supporting creation of EHS goals for the sites and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Supporting EHS Manager in achieving EHS targets & objectives.
- Facilitating risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with EHS Manager to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determining appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Working to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Driving and promoting zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creating and supporting EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Working with EHS Team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursuing third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Using established EHS data processes such as MESH Prism to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Creating training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Working with EHS Manager and team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Ensuring Work Station Risk Assessments (WRA’s), Site Level Risk Assessment, ergonomic risk assessment, IH hazards, and other EHS related analyses are current and performed as required. Uses this information to identify critical to safety issues, EHS hazards and aspects.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering discipline preferably or Industrial Engineering , Chemical , Mechanical or related
- Auditor in ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 would be an added value
- Experience as EHS professional in manufacturing environment is preferrable
- Advanced English language skills
- Advanced degree or professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent where available) -encouraged, or candidate must have willingness to pursue
- Comprehension of Eaton, industry, state, and country EHS requirements
- Adapt at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams
- Prior experience or education with an emphasis in environmental, health and safety program management and employee training.
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ESSD Electrical Solutions and Services Div EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time