Lead – Application Engineering #072936
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Lead – Application Engineering in Eaton’s MTL business, based in Chennai, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton’s MTL business.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Managing a team of technical application team.
- It is primarily intended to bring a high degree of engineering and application knowledge to the Sales & Application team by handling all inside Sales activities relating to Eaton Crouse-Hinds products and to manage the engineering jobs to the highest level of Customer satisfaction by meeting / exceeding the company’s objectives along with the focus on Local Assembly
- Provide guidance and direction to direct reports, including setting performance goals and monitoring performance.
- Ownership of activities to support the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises team members.
- Working with Manufacturing, Operations and Quality departments, reviews and monitors quality and process improvement.
- Prioritize the activities of a multi-functional team in the areas of specification review, product selection, commercial strategy, cost/price development and proposal generation.
- Deliver with accuracy of the proposed techno-commercial solutions and engineering drawings.
- Manage incoming inquiries by self, maintaining close communication with our Sales / Customer to ensure the best offer to meet the customer requirement and order win ratio.
- Evaluate customer drawings and specifications to determine our scope of supply, detailing cost impacts of complying with the Sales team wherever necessary.
- Liaison with factories for inquiries that cannot be satisfied with standard catalogue / local assembly items and select special adaptations of products to meet customer requirements.
- Liaison with the our Sales / Customer to resolve any discrepancies with regard to technical or contractual requirements.
- Continuously engage to develop standardized solutions to avoid repeat jobs.
- Develop the talent & skill set of the team both technically & commercially.
- Technical / Commercial Contract Review of Purchase Orders with necessary instruction leaflet for customer service team for order processing.
- To achieve on time order entry & order processing.
- Liaising with other Cooper Crouse-Hinds Sales Offices and manufacturing facilities as required.
- Coordinate with various factories for the quote, and engineering drawings.
- Ensure proper communication to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and to improve the margin.
- Coordinate with local assembly team to iron out all technical clarification and ensure a smooth execution of the orders.
If you are:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical engineering with 7 and more years’ experience in similar role offering solutions in to Oil & Gas customers
- Ex Lighting and Ex panel boards in NEC & IEC
- SAP, CAD, Dialux, MS Office and Windows
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EPG CHD EMEAI
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time