Senior Electrical Engineer
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City or Atlanta, GA facility.
The Senior Electrical Engineer is responsible for the overall electrical design of the product. This will include design of the necessary components as well as the electrical layout of the product. This position will work closely with the Ambient Program Manager, Marketing Manager, Optical Design Group, Mechanical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop the products in an organized and expedient fashion. The senior design engineer will be responsible for meeting the overall project schedule, performance objectives and budget.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will innovate complex electrical systems for ambient lighting fixtures.
- You will design electrical circuits, board layouts and systems for various power related products
- You will solve complex technical issues and provide overall technical leadership
- You will actively coordinate the electrical design with the embedded and system design throughout the product development cycle.
- You will influence the technical strategy for current and future product releases.
- You will work in conjunction with Program Manager to create the overall project timeline from input of each functional team member as well as define deliverables and drive team to completion.
- You will coordinate with Marketing to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with Voice of the Customer data.
- You will coordinate new product pre-reliability and post-reliability tests and conducting failure analysis reports for each; ensuring cooperation with FCC, CEC
- You will coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
- You will conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans
- You will, in conjunction with other team members, present the project status at Executive Tollgate Sessions
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of product design experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City or Atlanta, GA, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience with understanding of electric and electronic circuits as they apply to power electronics and controls
- Expertise and demonstrated proficiency in power electronics; hands-on experience in modifying circuit boards, including soldering and CAD work
- Experience with and proven knowledge of UL testing and listing for electronic components, FCC testing
- 3+ years of product design experience with lighting fixtures
- Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of electrical parameters and thermal behaviors; working knowledge of battery circuit design for electrical applications.
- Basic understanding of mechanical engineering principles
- Knowledge of third party certification standards
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- Well-developed and demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Skilled in writing specification and end-use documentation
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time