Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking an Enterprise Architect Lead to join our team. This position is based at our Mississauga, Canada facility.
The Enterprise Architect Lead is responsible for leading the design of connected lighting systems for their commercial, home, and cities business. We are searching for a senior Enterprise Architect who will help set the overall enterprise architecture vision and technology roadmap for value added connected lighting applications across the lighting businesses.
In this role you will lead evaluation of various technologies across the enterprise stack with the help of development team leads. You will work closely with product management and design teams to understand the business needs and propose alternative architectures. The candidate will possess excellent hands on technical and communication skills with a proven track record of delivering positive results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Own the Enterprise Architecture vision, roadmap and new technology investigations for the organization across all lighting segments.
Evaluate and propose enterprise technology and architectures by either leading or doing proof of concepts.
Institutionalize and drive architecture best practices across business design teams.
Lead the design of enterprise application solutions, interfaces, and protocols within the broader application ecosystem.
Write functional and non-functional requirements given product requirements and needs.
Working with end-users, customers, system integrators and regional marketing leaders to understand their goals & challenges and translating into requirements, as well as developing products using machine learning, data visualizations and decision support systems to help stakeholders meet their goals.
Work closely with our product managers, marketing managers and software developers to provide guidance and recommendations regarding the design of applications, hardware, network products, and security requirements while using approved integration methods.
Own the Technical Architecture analysis and design for lighting projects.
Coordinate with the development team to ensure the infrastructure is in place and that it meets project needs.
Gather and translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accomodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accomodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurComapny/Accessibility/index.htm"
- Minimum of 5 years of software or integration and architecture experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and developing SaaS applications
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within a 80km radius of Mississauga, Canada to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Proven track record of new product introductions from ideation to launch in an enterprise setting. Hands-on experience in Business/Requirement analysis, customer collaborations, QFD, VOC/OVOC, Scaled Agile Framework and product ownership.
- Skilled in all phases of the project life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through implementation, and production support. Proven track record of delivering customer-centric software.
- Knowledge of Building Automation platforms / solutions.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of project methodologies (agile, iterative and waterfall).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level.
- Ability to build positive relationships with highly dispersed and dynamic teams.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time