This exceptional leader will hold responsibility for profitability, safety, quality, productivity, materials management, delivery, training and continuous improvements. The Plant Manager will hold the key leadership role and responsibility for the above areas. They will provide oversight for all capital requirements; and will be directly responsible for implementation and financial accountability.
The Plant Manager leads and coordinates, in accordance with Company policies and Division procedures, the Plant Line and Staff organizations so that production, quality and quantity requirements are met, costs are within budgetary standards, and best manufacturing practices are utilized in the maintenance and conservation of equipment and facilities.
Operation Size: 165 Hourly Production Employees (3 shifts), 15+ Salaried Staff
Products: Safety Gratings, Fiberglass Cable Tray, Spring Steel Fasteners
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Sets overall plant policies and procedures to ensure effective operations consistent with the Eaton Business System, Values and Philosophy
- Coordinates and directs through managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Engineering, Safety, Quality, SCM, OpEx, HR and Finance
- Aligns operational objectives with the overall business objectives to ensure a strategy-focused workforce
- Manages and operating performance through the effective use of the Quality Operating System (QOS) process and structured problem solving
- Directs and mentors the plant leadership team in the performance of their respective roles and consistent with the Eaton Leadership model
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals, encourages continuous improvement, and builds customer relationships
- Drives the compliance to the ethics policy and holds others accountable for ethical conduct
- Develops controls and critically reviews results of operation in reference to planned objectives
- Accountable for the day-to-day decisions that directly impact the quality, efficiency, and profitability of the overall plant
- Maintains a workforce of highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive to high levels of employee engagement
- Attracts, selects, develops, trains, coaches, appraises and motivates managers and other personnel for key staff positions and the facility
- Establishes interfaces with Divisional/Corporate management to assess customer needs and assures accurate project or program technical direction for operations engineering and manufacturing
- Assures timely and relevant communications to and from all levels. This includes assuring communications between affected reporting areas and to related departments. Responsible for establishing systems that would enhance intra- and inter-departmental communications
- Assure that collective bargaining agreements are effectively administered.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum 4 years of manufacturing leadership experience is required.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship.
MS or MBA degree preferred
Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
Ability to effectively and confidently communicate ideas, concepts, and programs to all levels of the organization
Developed experience with continuous improvement
Previous experience leading a union workforce.
Previous experience as a plant manager or leading a manufacturing unit.
Demonstrated success in effectively and confidently providing leadership to employees in a constantly changing environment
Must be able to effectively and confidently communicate and coordinate project assignments with employees, customers and suppliers at all levels of their respective organizations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time