Eaton’s Industrial Division is currently seeking a Materials QSS. This position is based at our South Bend, IN facility.
The Material QSS will provide support to the materials team by operating equipment in the cleaning areas, shipping, and machining.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Setup and operate various types of blast cleaners.
- Move material using forklifts, and sample weigh parts, as required.
- Be responsible for scheduling, loading, and unloading trucks.
- Clean and organize area, as required, and perform various PMs.
- Determine acceptable quality by using visual inspection techniques and precision equipment.
- Operate the shot peen equipment and package parts for shipment.
- Maintain and control inventory, as well as perform computer inventory transactions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of (enter location) will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to frequently move and/or lift forgings and dies weighing from 3-36lbs and > 50 occasionally.
- Ability to stand or walk the entire shift.
- Ability to hear and talk to other teammates while working.
- Ability to visually detect quality defects during production.
- Ability to tolerate extreme temperature changes, wetness and/or humidity during production operations.
- Ability to tolerate noise at a time weighted average of 97 decibels and occasional vibration due to use of tools and equipment.
- Ability to tolerate fumes from forge press, forklifts, Tennant Sweeper, welding and cutting operations. Ability to tolerate occasional graphite/water mist from forging operations
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No