Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
This position manages the materials team to drive adherence and best practices to ensure achievement of the scheduling, operating and production schedules to achieve customer requirements, align plant capacity, optimizing the utilization of the workforce, and minimizing manufacturing costs. This individual is also responsible for the cycle counting and physical inventory processes as well as driving actions to meet inventory DOH and excess & obsolete process. This position reports directly to the plant manager, with functional report to division supply chain manager.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Role You Will:
- Develop and implement processes that utilize the elements of EBS to achieve strategic goals & plant profit plan as well as align with divisional supply chain.
- Directs and coordinates the plant SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) process, Master Scheduling, Production Planning, Physical Inventory, Cycle Counting and Inventory control.
- Ensures that production activities are scheduled in a manner, which will make efficient operations possible, and at the same time, assure the fulfillment of customer delivery requirements.
- Responsible for engaging the production plan of the various materials, parts, and subassemblies required by the plant. Drives for resolution of material shortages.
- Gain consensus for the proper balance in capacity planning and materials scheduling from associated functional areas.
- Schedules the paced flow of purchased products to the plant, as well as for the scheduling of internal fabrication and assembly activities.
- Direct management of the Materials Management, Production & Inventory control, and related SCM activities. Enforces a supplier escalation procedure through the Supply Chain Management group.
- Responsible to maintain and coordinate activities to ensure vital plant metrics, including but not limited to; Customer On-time delivery, Backlog, Days on Hand inventory, and past due Work Orders/Schedules.
- Provides direction to plant SCM personnel in support of new product development teams, business development related to prototypes and SIOP alignment.
- Performance expectations for the Site Materials team in support of Divisional operations goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution.
- 5 years’ experience in progressive Supply Chain functions.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- MS degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Operations from an accredited institution.
- APICS CSCP or CPIM certification.
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules.
- 2 years’ experience in Direct Leadership.
- Prior experience with Shop Floor inventory control or manufacturing operations optimization.
- Experience with Engineered to Order manufacturing.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Strong desire to manage in complex environment(s); results driven.
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal and external customers/ suppliers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge, understanding and demonstrated use of SIOP principles (Oliver Wight preferred).
- Strong PC skills – Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time