Eaton’s Electrical Products group is currently seeking a Manager, Distribution Center Continuous Improvement Operational Excellence to join our team.
The Manager, Distribution Center (DC) Continuous Improvement (CI) Operational Excellence (OpEx) is responsible for:
Leading the implementation and assessment of the DC CI framework and Lean Systems. They also are responsible for providing management of key initiatives to reduce variation and enhance the overall effectiveness of distribution operations within the Electrical Sector. Through the CI framework, the oversight of metrics, the identification of variation and the execution of sector improvement strategies, the role will drive customer satisfaction, team engagement, and cost out. This role will support the DC Leadership and the Supply Chain Management team in the development of procedures to drive safety while maximizing quality and driving a reduction in overall cost of the value stream.
- Design and execute the lean DC operations, Six Sigma, operational excellence portion of the strategic Business Plan. This involves developing and implementing system optimization, process improvements, operations excellence and cultural change plans leading to world-class operations and fulfillment performance. Implement Eaton Lean Systems (ELSS), needs assessment and training associated with ELSS as required. Includes driving global alignment on metrics and standards.
- Interface with Operational Excellence and Lean DC leaders at the Division, Group, Sector and Corporate level as well as counterparts at other Eaton businesses and locations.
- Functionally manage site level CI leaders to ensure the development and implementation of CI for DCs at their facilities. This would include: Eaton Business System, Lean, Six Sigma, and other world-class operation management techniques.
- Develop and lead the annual Distribution Summit with a focus on achieving annual DC network objectives and high 5 world class metrics.
- Facilitate Value Stream Mapping for internal and external customers. This includes creating the business case, facilitating the event, and driving the implementation plan. This role is also responsible for identifying systemic issues and driving their resolution.
- Key contributor to the on-going development of the Eaton Lean Systems in partnership with corporate and divisional CI leaders.
Record any measurable statistics which this position impacts:
- By implementing standard metrics and lean tools, we can greatly impact operational performance and improve our customer experience. These DC metrics include People (Safety/Turnover), Service (Inventory Accuracy – Location and Asset, Cycle Time, Customer DPPM), and Effectiveness (Core Process LPH, Packaging $/Line, Freight Compliance)
- Lean implementation indicators
- Responsible for oversight of multiple projects
- Responsible for training and development of DC Continuous Improvement talent
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 8 years of Manufacturing or Distribution Center experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Proven experience in lean manufacturing systems including facilitating kaizen events and the training and implementation of CI tools.
- Position requires strong analytical skills and understanding of problem solving tools/methods (six sigma, 8D, QOS or other) and Balanced Scorecard goal setting process.
- Ability to drive results through influence
- Advanced degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience with large scale omni-site distribution center operations.
- Experience with planning, organizing and building effective cross-functional teams.
- Ability to teach and coach effectively.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG Electrical Products Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time