Residential Wiring Devices division is currently seeking a Lead Financial Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
The primary function of the Lead Financial Analyst role is to provide accounting, financial and compliance support for RWDD. The Lead Financial Analyst works collaboratively with budget owners to create annual profit plan budgets, investigate spending variances, forecast monthly spending trends and prepare action plans to achieve business targets by providing forward-looking analysis and insight to business leaders. The Lead Financial Analyst develops program spending analysis and reporting for the RWDD product lines to track financial performance and variances. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker, highly analytical, process improvement oriented, and demonstrates the drive and people capability to deliver results within a global, growing, and profitable business
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Supports the month-end closing by preparing journal entries, cross-charge allocations and month-end accruals. Prepares monthly budget reports, monthly sales by channel, and monthly engineering project spending analysis.
- Maintain all accounting activities for the HQ budget including balance sheet reconciliations.
- Co-ordinate team activities on management reporting, financial analysis, interpretation of variances from budgets, and advice to management.
- Ensures adherence to standard accounting principles and practices under both local and US GAAP. Ensure adequate internal controls and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and audit requirements.
- Coordinates the monthly forecasting process by working collaboratively with plant & business unit controllers, updating forecasting models, conducting budget reviews and updating systems such as Encore.
- Assists in developing the annual profit plan by preparing department budget templates, reviewing budgets for consistency and completion, analyzing spending trends, tracking headcounts, calculating allocations and preparing presentations. Takes the lead on several aspects of building the profit plan and coordinating requirements with the regional and divisional key players.
- Consolidate and prepares monthly financial reporting
requirements for the division.
Assist in developing division presentations for operations reviews, strategic plans, and other division activities as needed.
- Leads the capital spending & budget process for RWDD engineering in Moon Township, PA including overseeing cost allocations for engineering time, labor, material, services and revenue against projects.
- Analyzes key performance drivers to investigate spending variances. Performs root cause analysis to resolve problems. Interprets financial results and communicates opportunities for improvement to budget leads.
- Works in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization. Cross-train with other analysts to build skills and experience across the division finance team.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- 5 years experience preferred in an accounting or finance function.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Moon Township, PA to be considered.
- MBA or CPA preferred.
- Manufacturing experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ES CRDS RESI Residential
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time