Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking an Enterprise Solution Designer to join our team! This position is based at our Midtown Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Solution Designer will join our progressive and dynamic enterprise software and cloud development group. This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the development and expansion of our cutting-edge cloud connected Internet of things (IOT) and standalone product applications and offerings.
We are looking for a talented and creative problem solver. You will be working in a dynamic and fast paced team environment with the latest technology and tools, using your software engineering skills to deliver new products. You will be involved in the complete development life cycle, seeing your design evolve from a specification into a finished product. Detailed technical collaboration with the full cross-functional development team will require strong, ongoing communication. Maintaining our market leading position will challenge your creativity and design skills.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead the design of application solutions and manage technical integrations within the broader application ecosystem.
- Work closely with end users, customers, system integrators and marketing leaders to understand their goals and translate into system requirements.
- Plan and lead the technical architecture analysis, design and implementation of project application environments.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in designing or architecting solutions for enterprise applications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in product development using either Java, C/C ++, .Net, C#, RDBMS, NoSQL, or HTML/Java Script
- Hands on experience in Business/Requirement analysis and customer collaborations
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience building automation platform/solutions
- Experience in VOC, scaled agile framework, product ownership
- Understanding and knowledge of project methodologies (Agile, iterative, waterfall)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills at both a technical and business level.
- Strong ability to build positive relationships with highly dispersed and dynamic teams.
- Proven track record of delivering customer-centric software
- Proven track record of new product introductions from ideation to launch in High Growth Regions and Smart City Verticals
- Knowledge of cloud based architecture solutions, web and mobile based applications, interface and integration development tools
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time