Eaton’s Cooper Lighting division is currently seeking an Electrical Assembler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Hicksville, NY facility.
The Electrical Assembler’s primary function is to read and understand work orders as well as assemble, test, and inspect light fixtures and individual components. This position works as part of a cell assembly team to ensure that daily production, quality, and safety goals are met. Eaton's Cooper Lighting business is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting and controls products and systems for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assemble, wire, inspect, test and package fixtures via an assembly line or workbench process.
- You will enter complete and accurate work order information as required.
- You will perform quality checks consistent with the inspection and control plans.
- You will work with inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- You will use Kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- You will maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain the 5S+ Check sheet.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution, or three months related experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of the Hicksville, NY facility will be considered
- Prior manufacturing experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Light Fixture Assembly – LED and lamps
Position Success Criteria:
- Knowledge and understanding of best engineering practices for design of automation systems, power management systems, human-machine interface software and PLC programming
- Working knowledge of test equipment and diagnostic instruments for automation and power management systems.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach forward, and stand for up to 12 hours, following all ergonomic principles
- Ability to pick up fixtures, lamps, sheet metal, sheet metal parts, and small wires and parts
- Ability to engage in repetitive motion and tolerate exposure to varying temperatures
- Ability to regularly lift 40 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift more than 40 pounds with assistance
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment and follow all EHS parameters as required by company policy and procedure
- Ability to use hand and power tools as required
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No