Eaton’s Marina Power & Energy division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Williamsburg, VA facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will read and interpret wiring schematics, drawings and bills of material.
- You will build components of standard and engineered to order products using hand tools, torque drivers, pneumatic tools.
- You will work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s requisitions and oral or written instructions.
- You will perform set-ups, minor troubleshooting, and routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
- You will ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of quality verification checklist.
- You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- You will keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- You will be involved in performing Lean Initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Previous experience in an assembly and/or manufacturing environment
- Previous experience performing wiring assembly
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- Able to move material as needed using material handling carts (push/pull 50lbs)
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
- Team player and able to collaborate with others to effectively complete work assignments per customer orders
- Saturday and daily overtime is required frequently
- Willingness to participate in training opportunities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No