Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will lead a highly visible complex continuous improvement project. The candidate will identify, draft the proposal, lead the implementation, and monitor the impact of capital projects primarily at the Lighting Division Distribution Centers. They will be responsible for setting the project and resulting operating goals and monitoring for ongoing compliance.
They must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and via written communications both remotely and in person as well as a customer-oriented attitude, ability to drive change, good organizational skills, and strong presentation acumen.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Establish clear set of project metrics, goals, and tracking mechanism to clearly communicate the existing project status.
- Identify project resources required and request a staffing and cross-functional participation plan.
Set and lead project status update meeting and set report out cadence.
- Identify equipment and software suppliers, evaluate new technologies, select supplier and technology for implementation, negotiate pricing levels.
- Lead continuous improvement and lean implementation using Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) to eliminate waste, reduce process variations and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Lead / facilitate kaizen events including the Value Stream Mapping Events, process improvements, and strategic initiatives in collaboration with the High Performance Work Teams (HPWT).
- Draft Capital Appropriation Requests that provide project justification.
- Generate POs for capital expenditures and submit for payment.
- Manage capital project implementation at receiving sites.
- Set operating metrics, measure compliance, identify root cause of performance issues.
- Verify and measure customer and financial impact of implemented projects.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical role (Quality, Operations, Supply Chain, Design Engineering, Lean Manufacturing or Production Supervision)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of the work location will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial/Manufacturing from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Blackbelt Certification
- Previous capital project management experience (RF/barcode scanning a plus)
- PMP Certification
- Must be able and willing to travel up to 50%
- Must have a strong technical aptitude and experience with MS Office (advanced level Excel skills)
- Advanced level problem solving skills, with the ability to utilize data sources to identify root cause
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively lead and contribute to the team’s success
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong professional presence and presentation skills
- Team player, ability to thrive in a cross-functional team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skill
- Ability to interact remotely across a large organization
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time in an independent and remote manner
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time