If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer - Computational Fluid Dynamics in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The primary responsibility of this role is to evaluate flow and thermal performance of products/subsystems/systems for various Eaton businesses (Vehicle, Aerospace, Hydraulics, and Electrical). Incumbent is expected to perform Flow and Thermal analysis of various Eaton products for predicting product performance. Incumbent is also expected to guide and mentor on various CFD and thermal analysis requirements to ensure quality deliverables from team.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Modeling & Simulation
Your essential responsibilities:
· Partner with global & local teams, understand the design intent, develop and validate analysis models to substantiate the engineering designs
· Handle complex engineering projects and independently manage requirements to deliver quality results within stipulated timelines
· Participate in development of simulation modeling methodologies in Flow and Thermal domain
· Deploy developed simulation methodologies in Eaton products to strengthen “Analysis First” strategy
· Liaison with global business stakeholders to drive analysis driven design in product development cycle
· Leverage Six Sigma methodologies to enable robust product designs
· Contribute in maturing analysis capability of Flow and Thermal technology domain
· Handle project assignments and manage day to day project responsibilities independently
· Create valuable Intellectual Property to expand innovation envelope for organization growth
· Embrace continuous improvement initiatives and demonstrate consistent increase in “value” from project deliverables
· Guide / mentor team members on their projects to meet project deliverables. Work seamlessly with leadership team to drive goals of the organization.
If you are:
· Required: Master’s degree in Mechanical / Aerospace/ Applied Mechanics/Ocean Engineering from reputed institute with 5+ years of experience in CFD domain
· Required: Candidate must have master’s degree (with 5+ years of experience) in Mechanical / Aerospace/ Applied Mechanics/Ocean Engineering from reputed institute. (Full time course) with Flow and/ or Thermal as specialization.
· Hands on experience on CAE software programs such as ANSYS FLUENT, ICEM CFD, ANSYS DM-AM, Star CCM+ and/or SpaceClaim
· Thorough knowledge of Fluid dynamics, Heat transfer & CFD theoretical fundamentals with ability to perform hand calculation, results interpretation and test data correlation with simulation
· Incumbent should have demonstrated mentoring / coaching skills in previous experience
· Exposure to Pro-E / CATIA CAD tools will be preferred
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
· Candidate should have demonstrated the ability to effectively communicate thought process and solve technical queries
· Working experience with global team
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time