Eaton‘s Power Distribution Division Headquarter Vienna has an opening for a:
Power Electronic Engineer – 072802
Location: Vienna, Austria
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As Power Electronic Engineer you will drive the Eaton's Direct Current (DC) initiative by accelerating the development of solid-state and hybrid switching/protection technology and collaborate with Center of Excellence (COE) in Prague and other Eaton research institution to create a global wide "smart switching/protection" platform.
You will also collaborate with university or non-university research institution by means of project-related governmental funding of research project and you will assist the R&D department in solving complex technical problems.
Your key responsibilities:
- Work on the power electronics module design including power semiconductor selections, evaluations, prototyping, topology studies
- Design and calculation of power electronic components such as inductors and capacitors
- Analyze, model and simulate power electronics module, from device level, to subsystem
- Simulate power switching/protection circuits via MATLAB/Simulink/Plecs and assist with validation of component robustness
- Perform circuit level verification using common laboratory tools
- Supervise student projects including Bachelor and Master theses
- Master or PHD of Science in Electrical Engineering with focus in power electronic or related engineering discipline
- Minimum of 2 years field engineering experience with power distribution
- In-depth knowledge of power electronics design
- Experience with designs utilizing over 600VDC/AC
- Familiar with power semiconductors and their gate drive and protection circuitry
- Experience with the design or application of wide bandgap devices, including SiC and GaN
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink, Plecs, Spice-simulation
- English fluent (both written and spoken), German is a plus
- Thorough MS Office software literacy including the use of MS Word and MS Excel Knowledge and awareness of relevant international industry standards (IEEE, IEC)
- Knowledge in measurement engineering
- Team player, ready to adapt to change, challenges, or setbacks, able to think outside the box
- Communication skills
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time