Eaton Corporation, Aerospace Group is looking for a Lead Pricing Proposal Analyst for the Fuel and Motion Controls System Division. The position is based in Los Angeles, CA.
The Lead Pricing Proposal Analyst is responsible for coordinating work requests with the site pricing teams in support of OEM new business, production, and aftermarket proposals. Receives work requests from the site Contracts, CS, PM, and other personnel. Gathering and evaluating data to prepare pricing for a variety of customer requests. Works with Contracts and Customer Service to support customer fact finds, audits, and negotiation of government and commercial proposals. Leads the divisional pricing effort for annual commercial and military price books. Will support the proposal effort at each site, as required. In general, a person in this position will have the ability to, not only understand what is being priced, but also to anticipate and prepare for face to face or electronic meetings with customers. Primary delegate for the Manager of Pricing or Senior Manager of Pricing, depending on site, when required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Coordinate and monitor incoming requests for Pricing & Estimating support and determine assignment of workload to self and coworkers to maintain equitable division of work in the group.
- Develop recommended selling prices for new and existing complex proposals by gathering and analyzing cost information and estimates that will comprise the basis for a future cost estimate to develop an accurate, supportable proposal. (These are in response to requests written by Customer Service, Contracts, Marketing, Program Management, and others)
- Support various types of pricing related activities requested by the customer (Termination Liability Schedules, Expenditure Forecasts, Data Sweeps and Other than Cost & Pricing data)
- Assist the various departments in responding to customer "Requests for Information" regarding specific proposed questions. (This could involve pricing additional historical support as well as the ability to utilize FAR/DFARS to clarify or deny information)
- Collaborate with Contracts, Customer Service, and Product Sales Manager in price negotiations with cost/price analysis of positions etc. Prepare a post negotiation summary for presentation to management.
- Work with the Proposal Manager for sign-offs of management review and prepare negotiation objectives for management review. Properly file proposals as required by Eaton Record Retention policies and FAR.
- Apply judgement in the application of escalation, volume adjustments and other factors used in computing the recommended selling price.
- Perform special cost and pricing studies on a variety of matters, including back-up for customer requests, cost out analysis, and rate impact studies for finance, estimate to complete (ETC) and design to cost (DTC) analysis.
- Assist Marketing personnel in the development of business cases for the presentation of new business proposals that require NRE investment or challenged OEM pricing that is offset by profitable aftermarket sales.
- Provide profit and margin analysis on established price lists annually and as required. In conjunction with Contracts and Customer Service, update established price lists when requested.
- Other assignments as identified.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Pricing or Estimating Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Los Angeles will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, or Finance from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of established accounting policies, systems and procedures, product knowledge, purchasing practices, manufacturing practices
- Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR part 15 and FAR part 12), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS) and other government regulations
- Exposure to learning curves, escalation methodologies, and weighted profit guidelines
- Understanding of engineering drawings, design concepts, and methodology
- Analyze historical data, cost information, and pricing data to develop and substantiate equitable and profitable prices for our products
- Related experience in business principles, accounting principles, and concepts
- Proficiency in: MFGPro ERP system, Oracle, MS Office, site product knowledge, site manufacturing practices
- Government contract procedures and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Be able to work independently
- Guide and mentor other Pricing personnel
- Have complete command of Excel spreadsheets with ability to create and manage complex multi-worksheet spreadsheets
- Demonstrate analytical skills
- Strong understanding of Accounting and Finance
- Negotiation strategy and experience supporting complex proposals
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time