Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Euclid, OH facility.
The Program Manager II leads the Platform, Site or Business Unit Program Management and Integrated Product Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships. The PM-II is responsible for the successful execution of the NPD Program(s) and projects and their budget allocation. The PM-II leads the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive customer satisfaction, continuous improvement and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage the Profit and Loss of the NPD Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for every project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments
- Execute IPT leadership across the Program. Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators.
- Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division.
- Manage effective customer communications. Improve organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communication and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- Maintain metrics for program for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
- Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- Manage customer contract, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization. Establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
- Provides periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
- Plays a key role in developing New business proposals and executing the overall program plan
- Coordinates and monitors a One Eaton Aerospace program technical personnel across multiple sites
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 6 years experience in Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering, Product Development Management, Operations or Supply Chain.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Euclid, OH. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, technical or business degree
- Experienced in Aerospace New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly preferred
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Experience in Risk Management
- Broad knowledge of the Aerospace industry
Position Success Criteria:
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven; self-starter and good decision making skills
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time