Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Solderer to join our team. This position is based at our Bethel, Connecticut facility.
In this function you will:
Solder under a microscope/magnifying glass, assemble, test, calibrate and thermally compensate an electro/mechanical device
Assemble, setup and maintain tooling
Recommend design and process improvements to enhance manufacturability
Perform visual inspection of parts
Maintain quality records
Interface and/or interpret customer and supplier requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum one (1) year soldering under a microscope or magnifying glass in a manufacturing environment required.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Bethel, CT will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation
- Ability to successfully solder to the acceptability requirements of J-STD-001
- Ability to follow written instructions, visual aids, sketches and blueprints
- Ability to work using a microscope for long periods of time
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No