Eaton in Shawnee, OK is seeking a full-time Material Handler to work 3rd shift.
The Material Handler will complete material transitions and maintain inventory accuracy by skillfully using electronic and administrative tools. Move, store, retrieve, load, unload, and/or stack products and materials using manual or mechanized (forklift-type) material handling equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- Efficiently & safely perform a variety of material handling activities including loading/unloading freight, stacking & moving palletized materials, storing & retrieving materials from vertical storage racks.
- Package, label, move, and complete required documentation in response to a variety of distribution types of instructions.
- Perform operations 80 activities: including adding plugs, seals, removing paint over spray, and ensuring all motors are up to Eaton’s quality standards before shipping to Eaton’s customers.
- Perform a variety of shipping activities including scheduling of freight carriers and ensuring that all goods and paperwork (including domestic and export documentation) is accurate and complete per customer orders.
- Receive inbound freight and expedited shipments and MRO/Commodity deliveries, ensure documents are complete and accurate, distribute documents and notify recipients per established procedures, and ensure proper data entry into necessary computerized data base(s).
- Generate kit orders from customer orders & kanban demand, then build/assemble/package kit orders, pulling parts and prioritizing activities per manual and computerized order requirements.
- Monitor stock levels against order requirements and take appropriate actions to resolve allocation & shortage problems.
- Will perform audit, inventory location assignments, cycle counting and other audit and control activities to effectively maintain accuracy of required inventories.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Shawnee, OK will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a material handler or related position
- Prior forklift operating experience
- Minimum of 1 year logistics experience
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated basic computer data entry skills.
- Distribution experience similar to the packaging/shipping/receiving activities typically performed at the Eaton/Shawnee plant.
- Demonstrated ability to perform self-directed work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with other employees in a team oriented environment.
- Prior history of satisfactory operation of mechanized material handling equipment and/or willingness and ability to complete and pass training/licensing course within first week in this classification.
- Ability to read, understand and effectively apply information contained in all applicable documents.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
- Ability to stand, sit and/or walk on a hard surface as well as safely bend, stoop, reach, climb steps and use ladder up to 8 hours per day, occasionally up to 12 hours per day.
- Vision to accurately read all related distribution documents and computer monitor screens.
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds occasionally and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No