Please note, the location of this role is flexible within EMEA.
The EMEAI Channel Leader for the Crouse Hinds division, is a proven sales individual responsible for driving a key part of our strategic plan with a focused set of mission critical channel partners. The position has responsibility for coaching, directing and training sales professionals in their respective assignments to succeed at managing and developing the customer base, utilizing sales resources and the channels-to-market in order to achieve market share gains. They will be responsible for defining target projects, marketing programs (in collaboration with marketing), and identifying prime opportunities at assigned key accounts.
Reporting to the CH Regional Sales Director, EMEAI the role is responsible for enhancing CH’s position and future advantage by developing and sustaining relationships in the channel partner community. The Channel Leader is responsible for driving the development and implementation of the channel strategy in the region. Through influence, provides strategic direction to the Region Sales Managers and country sales teams in the development and implementation of the channel strategy within their assigned region.
This is an opportunity for a commercially astute individual to join an evolving organisation and play a key role in its future success.
Across Eaton we value the following attributes in our people and the successful incumbent will be expected to demonstrate these in their approach to their day to day work:
- Transparency - We say what we think. We make it ok to disagree.
- Accountability - We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- Passionate - We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- Learner - We are curious, adaptable and willing to teach what we know.
- Efficient - We value speed and simplicity.
- Ethical - We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
Lead the creation and deployment of a channel/distribution strategy including appropriate marketing campaigns and programs to drive the sales pipeline for the install base and incremental revenue growth.
Support and consult with regional sales teams to identify, appoint and where appropriate exit key channel relationships through an effective mix of planning, analysis and on-going performance management
Work with regional sales and marketing teams to manage product launches into key partners, including the design of marketing campaigns to reduce time to revenue on new product introductions
Leverage the wider Eaton channel infrastructure to maximize investment returns and generate commercial value for CH
Deploy an effective on-boarding platform for new partners particularly those who provide new segment opportunities
Support the development of a common sales culture which is customer focused and drives an accountable and competitive ethos into the sales teams, supported by ethical and compliant practices.
Support the Regional Sales Director to ensure a robust and competitive pricing strategy is deployed across regional markets through channel/distribution partners.
Assess and provide guidance to regional sales managers on the channel management capabilities within their teams and set out a platform for evolving the group’s competency in effective partner management.
Key Competencies & Attributes
- Values and places ethical and safe behavior as their first priority
- Demonstrable commercial breadth across account management, distribution/channel management, project pursuits, sales strategy and management
- Brings an agile mindset to balance both the short and long term needs of the business
- Ability to lead and execute upon strategic commercial objectives, aligned to a broader vision
- Is able to build a result orientated and collaborative sales culture
- An accomplished and inclusive people leader, with the versatility to manage the diverse needs of customer, partners and employees
- Able to analyse complex scenarios and produce realistic and simplified solutions
- Incumbent should be able to demonstrate a seasoned approached to sales leadership with a proven track record in achieving profitable growth across multiple countries
- Experienced in people leadership and held accountable for development, performance and engagement of diverse groups
- Demonstrate a track record in channel / distribution management strategy, the design and deployment of this and the ability to develop an approach to channels that results in improved top line growth.
- Present a collaborative and driven style, be able to influence key stakeholder groups both within Eaton and externally
- Have a knowledge of how regional markets behave, an understanding of the broad customer base and its varying needs
- Knowledge of the harsh and hazardous market, the principles of the technology, customers’ needs and behaviors, routes to market and an appreciation for what is required to win in this competitive and niche space
What Eaton offers:
• Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time