If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to an Engineer - CFD in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The primary responsibility of this role is to evaluate flow and thermal performance of products/subsystems/systems for various Eaton businesses (Vehicle, Aerospace, Hydraulics, and Electrical). Incumbent is expected to perform Flow and Thermal analysis of various Eaton products for predicting product performance. Incumbent is also required to partner with global & local teams, understand the design intent, develop and validate analysis models to substantiate the engineering designs.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Modeling & Simulation
Your essential responsibilities:
- Collaborates with technology and product teams to define problem statements
- Understands project requirements and solves problems in discussion with local as well as global stakeholders
- Participates in development of simulation modeling methodologies in Flow and Thermal domain
- Deploys developed simulation methodologies in Eaton products to strengthen “Analysis First” strategy.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to develop Flow and Thermal analysis requirements for wide range of Eaton products
- Interpret, summarize and communicate CFD analysis results to global audience and provide technical and/or design recommendations.
- Contribute in maturing analysis capability of Flow and Thermal technology domain.
- Develop test plan wherever necessary to verify CFD model and validate analysis approach in correlation with test outcomes.
If you are:
- Required: Candidate must have Master’s degree (with 1-2 years of experience) in Mechanical / Aerospace/ Applied Mechanics/Ocean Engineering from reputed institute. (Full time course) with Flow and Thermal as specialization.
- Thorough knowledge of Fluid dynamics, Heat transfer & CFD theoretical fundamentals with ability to perform hand calculation, results interpretation and test data correlation with simulation
- Experience in CFD & thermal analysis using Fluent / CFX / STAR CCM+
- Exposure to Pro-E / CATIA CAD tools will be preferred
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Candidate should have demonstrated the ability to effectively communicate thought process and solve technical queries
- Working experience with global team
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time