Global Accounting Compliance Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Global Accounting Compliance Manager for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Global Accounting Compliance Manager position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
Reporting to the Division Controller of Crouse-Hinds, the Global Accounting & Compliance Manager is responsible to drive business performance for a >$1 billion global operation by ensuring that the controls structure accurately supports the business’ strategic initiatives while mitigating compliance, financial, and operational risks.
The position is responsible for:
- Accurate and timely consolidation of 75+ legal entities and 150+ ledgers, while operating in 25+ countries.
- Ensuring compliance with corporate policies, US GAAP, IFRS, and local statutes for all legal entities.
- Supporting management of the relationships with External and Internal Audit team on all audits globally.
- Driving Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including oversight of the team dedicated to a centralized monitoring of controls and processes.
The position requires a high level of detailed analysis in a complex organization, and the ability to be highly responsive and accurate. Candidates should be comfortable working with high level direction, be proactive and self-motivated and able to communicate openly and effectively with all levels of individuals within the company.
This position will interact with a wide range of people across Eaton and requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex issues clearly, and to communicate with people in all parts of the world.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Manage two managers of people (Compliance Manager and Accounting Supervisor) and monthly team deliverables, while focusing on career development with direct reports.
- Identify and resolve financial accounting issues. This includes the ability to assess when an issue should be raised to the Division Controller, or to the group or sector level.
- Ensure the accurate and timely consolidation and reporting of financial results and position each month end.
- Oversee preparation of quarterly and annual reporting packages to Corporate Eaton Headquarters, which support disclosures within SEC Form 10-Q and 10-K, as well as other governmental reporting.
- Monitor fixed asset accounting and Capital Expenditure process. You will present real-time analysis and summaries directly to Senior Management within Crouse-Hinds. You will guide the management of less senior members of the team to accomplish these functions.
- Monitor that Corporate intercompany issues are identified and resolved timely.
- Implement and monitor controls, process improvement, and procedure development and enforcement on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor that account reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely manner for the division.
- Assist with annual physical inventory counts and cost roll procedures, as needed.
- Participate in LSS green belt projects, as needed.
- Complete ad hoc accounting assignments as requested, often complex and confidential in nature.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of manager of people experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting and compliance experience (combined)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Plant Controller experience in manufacturing company
- MBA from an accredited institution
- Experience with SAP, Business Warehouse, Hyperion Enterprise, Hyperion Financial Manager (HFM)
- Experience within a multi-national organization
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
- Ability to lead people within the group and across multiple functions
- Ability to communicate and present to senior level and executive management
- Ability to identify and implement standard work procedures and best practices
- Strong understanding of financial statements, COSO framework, and application of generally accepted accounting principles
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD HQ
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time