Eaton’s Lighting business located in Mississauga, ON is looking for a Systems Specialist to join our Services team.
The Systems Specialist is responsible for project deployments and commissioning of Eaton’s Lighting systems and solutions. The Systems Specialist will oversee and execute all elements of the programming and commissioning of Eaton’s lighting control systems. This role will support Eaton’s customers, including end-users and electrical contractors, as well as channel partners, agents and distributors in the deployment and support of the lighting control systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will responsible for programming and training end-users on lighting control systems at job sites and then obtaining sign-off by the customer.
- You will do system commissioning and internal coordination with Project Managers for scheduling requests and site coordination.
- You will review and confirm receipt of all relevant site information before visiting site, such as site contact, access hours and restrictions, commissioning documents and travel arrangements.
- You will meet and inform electrical contractors and general contractors of our commissioning walk-throughs and procedures based on project specifics.
- You will complete proper documentation, including site reports, commissioning spreadsheets and incident reports.
- You will follow process steps, resolve technical issues and inform the Team Lead of possible improvements to the process where necessary.
- You will update and communicate action item list back through the assigned Project Manager to ensure project deliverables are met within the allotted timelines.
- You will track site deliverables using Site Reports and close communication with the assigned Project Manager.
- You will monitor and report commissioning progress and completion.
- You will identify any project risks, unforeseen obstacles, corrective actions, safety issues or liabilities.
- You will be responsible for third party integration and completion of project commissioning reports and sign-off documents.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- College diploma or university degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience in the lighting or building automation fields.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometers of Mississauga, Ontario will be considered.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- Has a “hands-on” approach to problem solving and has the technical competence to understand and analyze issues that are encountered.
- Meticulous documentation maintenance skills.
- This position requires ability to travel 75% of the time within Canada and ability to travel to the U.S. when necessary.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Very well organized.
- Positive attitude.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG Electrical Products Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time