Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking an Electrical Tester I on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
The Test Technician will perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair on Single Phase and Three phase medium voltage UPS systems to ensure products meet defined specifications. The incumbent will be responsible for reading and interpreting electronic schematics for UPS Systems
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Communicate effectively with cross functional departments to resolve and correct UPS testing issues
- Responsible for reporting any Non-conformance items by utilizing our Quality Management Guidelines
- Recommend modifications and improvements to enhance the products for quality, reliability, manufacturability and cost effectiveness
- Instruct and communicate with Production Associates, Quality Engineering Technician, Manufacturing Engineers and Test Engineers to resolve daily production and warranty issues
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards
- Identify and implement corrective actions for the repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory tools and manufacturing equipment and assist team in achieving plant and department goals
- Adhere to all environmental, health, safety policies and procedures, and work instructions. Use the principles of 5S+ to ensure a clean and organized work area
- Associate Degree in electronics or electrical technology from an accredited institution.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles Raleigh, NC in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Knowledge of switchboard and switchgear operations
- Manufacturing systems knowledge (KANBAN, JIT, Production scheduling)
- Experience with DC battery currents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- 1-year experience in electronics or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in electronics OR electrical testing
- Basic knowledge of Electronic Test Measurement Devices
- Demonstrated ability to take and give direction
- Ability to use good judgment and problem-solving skills to make informed decisions
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or electronic schematics.
- Ability to completely test and troubleshoot electronic products
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Ability to frequently stand or bend
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No