Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Systems Test Engineer to join our team. This position can be based at our Atlanta, GA (Midtown) or Peachtree City, GA facility.
Eaton is seeking a Systems Test Engineer to join our progressive and dynamic Systems Testing Department. This is a hands-on development role that will directly contribute to the product quality of our cutting edge cloud connected internet of things (IOT) and standalone product applications and offerings. As a systems test engineer you will be testing IoT applications for Connected Lighting systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Develop and execute systems level, functional area, and unit tests and procedures for software products
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Perform system level functional testing of the mobile app and interface
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Implement tests, debugging and defining corrective actions
- Monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirement
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software, Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of software test or system test engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Atlanta, GA or Peachtree City, GA facilities will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum 5 years of Software & System test experience
- Minimum 2 years of Test automation, Python scripting, Selenium, Appium, experience
- Experience with IoT and other peripheral devices using Bluetooth
- Experience UI/UX usability testing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in robot test automation framework, web socket API testing
Position Success Criteria :
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with ability to anticipate business needs
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and complete projects on-time
- Experience working in an Agile development process
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience in automated and manual testing
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time