Cost Out Analyst - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Cost Out Analyst on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
This position will coordinate, lead, track, analyze, and report supply chain cost out activities. The incumbent will extract spend and cost data from internal systems (Powerlink/Infor, AS400, Accounting, Vista, etc.)
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will utilize advanced Excel functions such as pivot tables, charts, graphs, complex formulas, etc.
- You will create and manipulate complex Excel spreadsheet for data evaluation
- You will track cost out metrics
- You will develop, manage and implement clear action plans for cost reduction activities
- You will participate in or lead cross-functional teams related to cost out activities
- You will participate in VA (Value Add)/VE (Value Engineered) events
- You will develop and deliver presentations for upper-level management
- You will track, analyze and report plant expenses
- You will coordinate sourcing activities to include direct communication with suppliers and updating system data
- You will negotiate with suppliers
- You will provide general administrative support to Purchasing team
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Completed Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the Arden, NC facility will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Completed Associates degree in Business or Engineering related fields
- Completed Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- AS400/Powerlink/MAPICS/VISTA data entry and extraction experience strongly preferred
- At least two years of previous Supply Chain experience
- Previous experience in Materials
- Previous experience with Kanban systems
- Demonstrated ability to work either independently or in teams across plant and corporate entities
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented
- Sound working knowledge of Purchasing/Materials and Manufacturing principles
- Previous experience regarding cost out activities
- Must have appropriate written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong presentation and organizational skills
- Must be extremely proficient in Excel and PowerPoint software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No