Eaton’s Power Components Division is currently seeking a Product Line Support Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Haina facility.
Directs, controls and is responsible of Product Line Support for existing, improved and/or new products for MCCB facility in Haina, Dominican Republic. Directly manage a team of approximately 8-10 direct reports to proactively work in reducing UL variation notices, internal holds and overall product issues. Ensure product compliance to original design intent focusing on proper function while meeting customer requirements, safety and regulatory standards.
1. Manage a team of Product Engineers, technicians and assistants to develop circuit breaker and fuse product expertise in order to appropriately support issue troubleshooting and design changes at Haina MCCB site. Work with Haina Leadership Team to establish work priorities and departmental team’s synergy.
2. Understand product requirements, standards and circuit breaker technologies.
3. Maintain product compliance with requirements & standards from third-party certifications.
4. Support and prioritize activities related to performance margin enhancements, product robustness initiatives and new product development & launch.
5. Works with Design Center in Pittsburgh and Haina to identify and champion product design improvements. Validating and documenting changes in material, process or design.
6. Manage on-going product issues by coordinating Product Engineering team efforts to successful resolution, and ensure correct communication to all stakeholders.
7. Manage non-conformance investigations, root cause identification and corrective actions.
8. Manage and define priorities of the Offline and MET labs related to product verification test schedules, internal and external holds.
9. Support World Class Error-Proofing initiatives that relate to product function and/or original design intent.
10. Ensure that production processes, test specifications and quality controls support are in compliance with specifications.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 7 years of experience of mechanical or electrical product support in a manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual with written and oral fluency in Spanish and English.
- Experienced with quality tools, statistical process control, Six-Sigma, problem solving and project management.
- Knowledge of the following systems: MS Office, MS Project, AS/400 or equivalent ERP software, AutoCAD or equivalent software, Creo or equivalent software.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 1 year of experience supervising or leading teams
- DFSS or Six-Sigma Green Belt
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
- Knowledge of UL and IEC standards
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ADMIN Administrative
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time