Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Production Supervisor (2nd Shift). The Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) position will be based in Euclid, Ohio.
The Production Supervisor 2nd Shift is responsible for the overall supervision of a manufacturing cell, focused factory, or shift. In this role, you will lead the manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. This role will also coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements and drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. You will also be responsible for implementing Lean Manufacturing tools within the focused factory, while motivating the team to create high performance culture.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct manufacturing personnel to ensure completion of customer requirements
- You will assess performance indicators, and take appropriate actions, to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
- You will ensure that required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements
- You will assure that policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product
- You will provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance
- You will assure that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship
- You will evaluate operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, commendations, and improvements
- You will specify job assignments for manufacturing personnel, and monitor performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
- You will coordinate and assist with manufacturing initiatives, participate on teams in order to drive best practices across manufacturing
- You will identify critical machine for set-up reduction and reduce set-up times
- You will develop and implement standardized work for all critical processes in the machining, assembly, and test areas.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma/GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in a Manufacturing or Operations environment is required
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation will be offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing or operations environment.
- Supervision experience in a unionized environment
- Thorough understanding of lean manufacturing technologies and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time