Eaton’s Bussmann division is currently seeking a Customs Superintendent to join our team. This position is based at our Juarez facility.
The Customs Superintendent is responsible for the coordination of documentation preparation and transportation services by the export and import transactions of the plant and in general responsible for all Trade Compliance Legal and Operational requirements.
Oversee and coordinate product import / export from point of origin to final destination.
Review customs documents for accuracy and conformity to assure legal compliance.
Establish and maintain needed records and permits to ensure compliance.
Work closely with buyers and Shipping supervisor properly prioritizing of in and out bound goods.
Coordinate and schedule shipments of foreign purchased goods with overseas agents customs broker and carriers
File US and MX government document reports as required by both countries such the annual cost submission.
Assists broker in clearing all shipments through customs as expeditiously as possible.
- Audit and approve brokerage invoices.
Maintain abreast of major policy and operating changes, pending or planned which will impact company operations.
Maintain Customs and Legal certifications (Ex C-TPAT, Empresa Certificada, IVA certification)
Comply in time and form with all Customs and Legal requirements for Juarez in the area of Trade Compliances
Compliance and follow up Internal and External Audits participation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor degree in Trade Compliance and/or Customs Law.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the aforementioned field.
- Proficient Microsoft Office (Excel audit formulas)Access
- In-depth knowledge of annex 31/24 system
- Auditing Skills
- Balance Account Reconciliation
- Knowledge of ERP transactions
- Ability to Implement Customs Software
- Develop efficient interfaces between ERP and Annex 24
- Reconstruction of import/export operations
- Strategic planning to ensure Customs Compliance
- Negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of all FTA that currently exist in Mexico.
- Root cause analysis
- Six Sigma Methodology
- Fluent in English-Spanish
- US/MX Customs regulations, C-TPAT.
Position Success Criteria :
- Establish and maintain positive rapport and relations with related US/MX government officials.
- Possess high level of integrity and ethics that ensure all applicable customs and plant regulations are followed.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Puesto: Cadena de Suministro / Logística
Organización: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Nivel de puesto: Colaborador individual
Horario: Tiempo completo
Es un trabajo a distancia (es decir, trabajar desde casa o otro centro Eaton) permitió para este puesto?: No -ES
¿Esta oferta de reubicación posición?: No
Viaje: Sí, un 10 % del tiempo