Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Senior Sales Representative – LSD, you will responsible for driving sales of Eaton solutions and associated product to existing Client base and developing New Clients within allocated Segments. Conduct site visits to establish client requirements and provide a solution in line with the client’s needs.
Communicating with existing customers, gathering market intelligence, and benchmarking against our competition to know and understand the market requirements. Support colleagues and customers in Southern Africa on these products to ensure targets and budgets are achieved.
Your main duties :
- Achieve sales based on allocated target while keeping margin targets in line with companies expectations.
Develop and implement strategies to grow allocated target Segments.
Prepare monthly forecasts, reports and other documentation as required by Management.
Implement and keep the Sales CRM Flat File up to date (sales calls, opportunities etc.).
Must be able to do technical and product presentations to customers.
Should display a high level of commercial and contract knowledge.
Should conduct site visits and be able to advise customers on technical solutions for their requirements.
Follow the sales process through from pre-sales stage to project completion.
Make use of the APEX system and JOE to set goals and achieve career and personal growth.
Sound relationship with market influencers (eg. consulting engineers, contractors, intergrators.
- +5 years’ experience in the Fire Detection arena.
Electrical Degree/Diploma will be advantageous.
Extensive Life Safety Systems and Product knowledge including EVAC, Disabled Refuge, Central Battery Systems, Mass Notification and Security.
In-depth knowledge of both installation and manufacturing standards.
Extensive experience with all aspects of customer relationship management, project management, installation and commissioning.
Designing of fire solutions will be an added advantage.
Knowledge of local market (consulting engineers, installer and integrators) and competition specifically in Fire and Security.
Presentation skills, public speaking.
Good commercial and Contract knowledge.
Willingness to travel locally and outside of South Africa if needed.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and ability to communicate across different cultures/geographic regions.
- Ability to operate independently, with no or little supervision.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time