Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Finance-Accounting Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Mexico City Facility.
The Finance-Accounting Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the accounting activities, aiming to ensure that all booking and reporting must be doing in agreement with the US GAAP and MEX GAAP, in the planned time and in the standards and procedures established by the organization and adherence with Eaton financial requirements including full support to annual profit and strategic plan. Responsible for the supervision of the activities related to the development of the accounting team.. Main focus of the position is the organization of the costs area, including the analysis of the real cost of the products and its contribution margins. The holder is responsible for the accounting management of the organization including the faithful accomplishment of the SOX guidance, Eaton policies, and the local tax legislations.
Some activities related with the position will be:
• Guarantee the accounting month end closing with the information of Mexico operation, and coordinate the closing activities of the accounting, including reporting tasks.
• Responsible for the preparation of accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Coordinates the publication of monthly reports regarding to the main variations of the P&L and BS, and discussing with the Controller in order to provide the root cause analysis to find the corrective actions.
• Supervises the closing and analysis process of costs, through the Mapics and global system reports, to guarantee the accuracy of the published information in Oracle system, and follow-up of the main differences. It includes sales reconciliations by product line, rebates and discounts, inventory reserves performance, warranty reserves and non-conform analysis.
• Oversees and check all balance sheet accounts in monthly bases, as well as the necessary actions with the accounting team to avoid impacts and surprises in the profit.
• Coordinates and review with the Controller the performing of the balance sheet reconciliations in a quarterly basis.
• Supports to Controller to obtain reliable information for forecast process, and support the monthly performance analysis.
• Supports to Controller in preparing rolling forecast, profit plan, strategic plan through providing finance analysis that impacts the profit. It includes additional reports required by corporate.
• Keeps control on petty cash, bank reconciliations, condition of inventories, accounts payables and receivables through the development of analysis and reports. Works with the Controller and outside auditors in reviews and evaluations of unit records, control and procedures.
• Supervises the daily and weekly sales report for submitting to corporate, including booking reconciliations and backlog.
• Coordinates the preparation of statutory accounts and comments for the consolidating report, corporate tax submission for local statutory requirements
• Reviews the regular statutory tax compliance, monthly filling of the business tax return, quarterly income tax return, and quarterly deferred taxes calculation, it includes requirements from local taxes team.
• Responsible to attend the internal and external audit, with focus on the internal control policies and legislation changes to accomplish the corporate and legal-tax requirements (e.g. E&Y, PwC, Deloitte, and tax authority requirements).
• Oversees the physical inventory activities and subsequent analysis of results with the Controller.
• Develops and supply coaching for the accounting team to improve the internal competencies, provide direct job training, monitor employee productivity, and motivate individuals to improve skills and advance in knowledge to provide a future strong resource.
• Responsible to keep in a safety place the accounting and tax documentations according to the authority statements..
• Meet any other activity assigned by your supervisor or special requirements of the company.
• Active participation in continues improvements programs and committees.
• Comply the Eaton Business System (EBS), in foundations, Planning, Growth, Functional Excellence, Assessment and Learning, mainly in the Eaton Business Excellence (EBE); ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 and its tools (such as: Eaton Quality System (EQS), Eaton Lean System and Six Sigma-ELS, HR Operating Review and Employee Survey.
• Know and comply the Policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
• MESH compliance and follow up of policies and goals
• Support MESH to accomplish goals and objectives related to environment and safety
• Report any act or condition not safe.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Accounting; Financial or related field from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years prior Accounting, Financial Cost administration positions experience in electrical industry; or related product and Distribution/manufacturing environment.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in English-Spanish (90%) required.
- The successful candidate must possess a vast knowledge of MEX/US GAAP and Mexico Fiscal Law basic requirements.
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), MAPICS, AS400, Oracle required
Position Success Criteria :
- Customer Focus
- Ethics and Values
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Organización: EPG LAC PQD Power Quality Division
Nivel de puesto: Jefe
Horario: Tiempo completo
Es un trabajo a distancia (es decir, trabajar desde casa o otro centro Eaton) permitió para este puesto?: No -ES
¿Esta oferta de reubicación posición?: No
Viaje: Sí, un 10 % del tiempo