Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking an Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Hastings, Nebraska facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for providing engineering support to the manufacturing process for components of existing product lines; maintain and improve current manufacturing processes affecting quality, productivity and capacity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Initiate and maintain process documentation for manufacturing processes
- Troubleshoot and supervise corrective actions related to machine capabilities and day to day production problems
- Develop proposals relating to new/improved processing methods
- Train and inform machine operators on new manufacturing process techniques
- Evaluate and implement manufacturing cost savings and suggestions, support continuous improvement effort of manufacturing teams
- Develop machining processes for new part releases
- Develop and implement cost reduction and process improvement projects
- Comply with all ISO 14001/EHS, TS 16949 standards, procedures, and guidelines
- Manage the department in the absence of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, and be responsible for all meetings and reports
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of CNC and machining processes. Create/edit CNC programs as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years of experience with CNC programming
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Professional Engineering license
- 5 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Master’s degree
- ISO/QS-9000 or ISO/TS16949 certification experience preferable
- Experience with power system controls
- Experience working with PLC programming and deployment of power automation projects Mechanical or Industrial degree
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.
- Experience with Minitab and AutoCAD is desirable.
- Need to be able to work well with people, both individually and in groups
- understanding of SPC
- Able to handle multiple tasks, be detail oriented, and able to work with minimal supervision
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time