Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Quality Technician II on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Youngsville, NC facility
The Quality Technician will perform analysis and trouble shoot non-conforming printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA’s). The incumbent will provide verbal and written feedback to all relevant functions (production, design, purchasing, etc.) on opportunities for improvement. Recommend modifications and improvements to enhance the products for quality, reliability, manufacturability, and cost effectiveness
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Perform analysis and trouble shoot non-conforming final product assemblies.
- Instruct and communicate with Production Associates, Quality Engineering Technician, Manufacturing Engineers and Test Engineers to resolve daily production and warranty issues.
- Provide training to Production Associates, as needed, on proper techniques for product testing.
- Provide cross training with peer technicians on the product, procedural, and formal communication aspects of the job function.
- Check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards.
- Identity and implement corrective actions for the repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory tools and equipment. Identify and implement corrective actions for the repair and replacement of basic fixtures and equipment used in product manufacturing.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations, and work instructions
- Use the principles of 5S to ensure a clean and organized work area.
- Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- Associate’s Degree in the electrical or electronics field required from accredited institution
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 60 miles Youngsville, NC in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in quality, manufacturing, and/or engineering of electro- mechanical devices.
- Understanding of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing concepts preferred
- Lock-out/ Tag-out Knowledge
- Pressure gage knowledge
- HALT / HASS and Chamber basics and concepts
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic understanding of the principles and methodology of Quality Control and Quality Assurance
- Must have basic computer skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish colored wired
- Ability to frequently stand, bend, and walk
- Ability to use standard computer applications: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint require
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No