Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Lead Marketing Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Provide sales and marketing support to attain product line goals. Must be able to clearly communicate and deliver complicated information for the purpose of promoting and supporting product to an extensive customer base. Provide an extensive range of seasoned, professional engineering services to support and lead on a project basis the product marketing and sales functions of the company; support all marketing functions of the product line including literature, customer site visits and inspections, trainings and conferences; provide coordination and lead technical guidance to product engineering and production personnel as appropriate, and provide negotiation and application support for field sales in more complex product areas.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities and practices, market conditions, and market channels.
- Provide more complex engineering functions to support the marketing and sales efforts of the product line.
- Support sales channel activities through the development of technical information relating to feature-function-benefit analysis and other technical or information tools to enhance sales.
- Assist product engineers to support customers and/or sales channel to explain technical aspects of product line/applications and interpret customer specifications and drawing requirements.
- Support product engineers in the preparation of effective quotations and related negotiation documentation metrics.
- Supervise and coordinate projects from order entry through shipment, including customer service, scheduling, change orders, shop clarification, and continuing quality assurance.
- Participate and lead in customer inspections & witness tests.
- Manage the annual product line conference, interns, and support contractors. Implement new marketing methods to increase attendance and improve overall conference quality. Maintain conference budget, conference Website, and promotion.
- Manage development of the bi-annual conference magazine. Determine and solicit for new magazine content and ad sponsorship. Working with magazine editor and maintaining the magazine distribution list.
- Organize and promote product line trainings, keep technical material relevant and up-to-date, solicit registrations, and maintain training budgets.
- Work with MARCOM on the development and updating of product literature, promotional brochures, banners, videos and product line Website.
- Support customer related factory and off-site visits. Representing the product line, providing technical support and establishing agendas to meet customer expectations.
- Maintain product line front-end processes and procedures in accordance with operational and ISO requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of electrical engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Professional engineering registration (PE License) or E.I.T. with the ability to acquire a PE License within next 3 years
- Five years of electrical engineering experience in the manufacture of power systems equipment
- Previous project management and leadership experience
- Strong presentation and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to Eaton representatives and customers within varying levels
- Strong knowledge of uniform business code, commercial transactions and selling/pricing policies
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time