Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Field Project Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Houston, TX. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The primary function of a Field Based Project Manager (PM) is to own Eaton’s largest, most complex and highest risk electrical projects from order entry to equipment start-up and commissioning. The PM role is expected to create value for the Eaton sales team, product divisions and customers, acting as the primary liaison between internal and external stakeholders and ensure all project milestones are met. This position is part of the Gulf region and will be heavily involved in our oil and gas, commercial construction, and waste water treatment markets.
- Build internal and external relationships to facilitate execution of the project management process.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to perform order transition from sales and clean order entry.
- Build and maintain a project communications plan, maintaining strong customer relationships (including our channel partners) throughout the project lifecycle.
- Build and maintain and communicate a project schedule (milestone matrix) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Oversee and coordinate the technical aspects of projects at a component, assembly and electrical system level.
- Build and communicate a project financial baseline; drive the project financials utilizing a change log optimizing any opportunity to advance the projects financial position through proactive change management.
- Coordinate factory witness testing.
- Coordinate equipment startup after installation at the site.
- Engage with broader project management organization on the continuous improvement of our systems, processes and tools.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of oil and gas, commercial construction, electrical or general industrial experience
- Experience in project management and the project management process
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- Master of Business Administration or Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Strong application of Engineered Power Products
- Five or more (5+) years of electrical experience or Project Management experience
- Marketing, sales or project management experience in oil & gas or heavy industrial markets.
- Ability to present information to others in a persuasive way, professionally and diplomatically assert the leadership role that the title project manager conveys.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of an assignment and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to apply project management methodologies and strategies to reduce potential project risk throughout the duration of the project lifecycle.
- Capable of planning and executing presentations on specific products and services to internal and external customers to gain recognition and customer acceptance.
- Knowledge of major competitors in the market and their alignment with distributors and major customers.
- Knowledge on plant front-end scheduling, engineering, and manufacturing process and equipment cycle times.
- Utilize advanced computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and other general electronic tools.
- Consistent demonstration of planning, leading, and communication.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and situations to achieve superior proactive project order management and customer service.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time