Human Resources Manager
Eaton's Aerospace Group has an opening for a Human Resources Manager at their Nogales, Mexico location.
The Human Resources Manager is a business partner, strategic solution provider, advisor and counselor for the plant leadership team, Under the general direction of the Plant Manager and guidance from the Division Human Resources Manager, strategically plans, organizes, directs, and controls all activities of the Human Resources Department including organizational learning and development, labor relations, compensation and benefits, wellness, and employee recreational and community involvement programs in accordance with Country Labor Laws and regulations impacting the various disciplines. Drive cultural change to align the organization with Eaton’s philosophy and monitor the activities of other departments from a human resource perspective.
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to the following essential functions:
- Business Partner responsible for helping leaders to find the best available talent in a reasonable time frame to fill the openings in the plant according to the required experiences and competencies.
- Develop, maintain, and administer an effective wage and benefit program. Administers compensation program following guidelines established by Mexico’s Regional team, monitors benefits administration (wellness, health and welfare) to ensure employee needs are met and concerns are resolved.
- Understand the plant strategy and long-term plans as part of the site Leadership team, which is driving the Organizational Capability Assessment process to look for training needs and establish annual training and development plans. Based on the annual training plan, executes, and coordinates organizational development and training programs. Follows regulations according to STPS.
- Deploy sound HR practices (Eaton Philosophy) which encourage employee engagement and employee involvement and maintains employee recognition programs to enhance employee involvement. Deploy the Employee Survey process with timely and responsible resolutions and complete analysis and action plans to drive positive employee relations. Monitor employee satisfaction, alerting managers of issues and working with managers to address those issues. Ensure that the performance management practices (APEX) are fully integrated to raise the performance bar. Advise leaders of people on how to handle employee relations and concerns.
- Facilitate the Community Service Committee to vote for annual community service plan and promotes positive public relations within the local community by promoting involvement by employees in community affairs to establish and maintain a respectable corporate image in the surrounding communities.
- Create the annual communication plan according to Nogales’ plant strategy.
- Leads the HR Strategy to ensure alignment with Eaton’s Values based culture. Recommends, and implements company policies and procedures. Supervises, provides functional guidance, and directs assignments and responsibilities for HR department by developing and maintaining a respectable image and achieve a high degree of credibility for the Human Resources Team. Will plan and coordinate company-sponsored various types of events (Training, Workshop, Wellness, Celebration, and others).
- Promotes continuous improvement in the plant by actively participating in improvement efforts and expecting the same from the team.
- Sets an example promoting activities and projects that motivate everyone to work in a more safe environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- Bilingual Spanish / English
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- 5 years minimum of HR related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Mexico Labor Law, IMSS and STP regulations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: Latin America
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time