Eaton’s Airport Lighting Division is seeking a Plant Manager located in our Windsor, CT facility.
The primary function of the role is to manage and direct the activities of a single-site, make-to-order production operation and global supply chain. The role includes functional responsibility for production, EHS, strategic sourcing, materials purchasing/planning, shipping/receiving, manufacturing engineering, continuous improvement, and facilities management. This person will also responsible for the continuous improvement of high five metrics including safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost productivity across the platform and own the supply role of the S&OP process. The Plant Manager will be responsible for strategically executing plant actions that support and align with EBS pull. This position will directly report to the General Manager, Airport Lighting Products, and functionally report to the Divisional VP of Operations
Eaton's Airport Lighting Products' systems comprise a wide range of solutions, applications, and products for critical airfield operational elements. An innovative leader in airport lighting, Eaton's Airport Lighting Products expects excellence when responding to the demands of the industry - light by light, airport by airport - all across the world. Our products respond not only to the changing demands of our customers, but also the global shift toward computerized control and monitoring of lighting systems. With an eye to the future, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products illuminates the way.
- Manage the activities of assigned brand production operations, ensuring that a quality product is produced in a timely, efficient manner at the lowest possible cost
- Direct the planning for current and future requirements for material, manpower, equipment and space to effectively, efficiently and profitably manufacture and distribute.
- Develop, implement and enforce company operational policies and procedures for EHS, quality, delivery, inventory performance, and cost productivity.
- Develop, control and critically review results of operations in reference to planned objectives and correct unsatisfactory results promptly.
- Oversee and ensure a safe work environment for all employees through effective management of plant supervisory personnel, implementation and maintenance of a safety awareness program and compliance with OSHA and similar regulatory organization’s requirements.
- Manage the performance of team members on an on-going basis. Review capabilities, resources, organization structure and execute human resource planning activities to build a performance culture to achieve overall business goals and individual employee development.
- Support the Quality Policy and provide quality assurance support to ensure the ongoing success of the ISO9001 quality system registration.
- Ensure supply chain function develops a best in class supply base for given commodities, components and finished goods while optimally managing supply base.
- Support divisional sourcing team in relation to supplier consolidation and cost out initiatives.
- Actively audits and manages projects using formalized sourcing processes to achieve objectives of given commodities. Provide oversight and support of the supply chain function so that materials, equipment and supplies necessary to produce the product and run the operations are procured at the lowest possible cost consistent with the necessary quality and service levels.
- Utilize the S&OP planning process to maintain and continuously improve the best practices of inventory management, production and supply capacity planning and purchasing.
- Drive operational efficiency and conversion cost productivity initiatives to deliver factory financial commitments and cost competitiveness.
- Achieve expectations established as part of the annual budget and annual performance goals. Take corrective actions when required to ensure expectations are achieved.
- Live Eaton values and actively lead
by use of Eaton Leadership Model.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations or Manufacturing environment
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supply chain or operations environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing people.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to lead in an integrated team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with employees at all levels
- Discretion in working with confidential and sensitive materials and situations as well as good business judgment
- Ability to Develop and Articulate Long Term Operational Strategy
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws, regulations, and standards
- Ability to motivate a team for maximum results
- Strong organizational and work management skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate a team for maximum results
- Experience working in a complex Make to Order or Project Based Business Environment.
- PCBA experience
- Casting and forging experience
- Superior working knowledge of advanced Microsoft Applications and MRP Systems
- SAP Experience
- APICS or CSM certification/training
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- Leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary and complete benefits
This position is based at our Windsor, CT facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time