Lead Service Technician
We are seeking a Service Technician to join the Service Centre of Excellence team in Havant, reporting into (EMEA Service Centre of Excellence Leader).
Your role will include:
· To lead and manage the day to day functions of the Service Centre Technicians.
· To lead the day to day customer relationship for Warranty related issues liaising with the sales/application engineers, customers as appropriate.
· To coordinate and conduct customer visits to support quality warranty or applications engineering when required.
· To lead and participate in the technical investigations into customer issues/claims utilizing Quality tools to identify root cause and ensure corrective and preventative actions are taken and implemented by the plants / partners. Utilising the resources (Labour and equipment) of the SCOE as appropriate.
· To liaise with source plants to ensure claims are investigated within the target times and that actions taken.
· To manage the warranty centre program and utilize the centres to carry out investigations including implementing new centres expansion of support and ongoing issues.
· To manage and control warranty campaigns in EMEA.
· To manage and control the issuing of service bulletins/quality alerts within EMEA and communication of relevant information to other regions.
· To manage the ERN system including implementation at new sites and improving the ERN system to better meet customer requirements.
· To approve claims and credits as required according to the appropriate finance controls communicating where approval should be conditional or is rejected.
· Lead the daily warranty activities within the warranty hub team to promote and support individual and functional success in accordance with the Continuous Improvement approach.
· To meet all required quality, cost and team performance objectives.
· To lead the continuous improvement activities of the SCOE team and the SCOE processes through training and the application of Eaton Lean System (ELS) principles.
- To deputise for the EMEA SCOE Leader, where appropriate and within the skill set and scope of the incumbent, including any work as defined by the EMEA SCOE Leader
· To demonstrate all appropriate behaviours identified within relevant competency profiles and in line with Eaton’s Values & Philosophies
Act as a role model for peer group.
- To comply with all environmental, health and safety policies and procedures ensuring cell team members comply (safety glasses / shoes / PPE / work wear) at all times.
- Delegate warranty and repair work to the appropriate member of staff within the SCOE
- To obtain and / or set-up the necessary production parts, materials, tools, bench, test and packing facilities, to enable the reporting, repair, testing and despatch of products.
- To actively participate in root cause investigations, ensuring the timely and robust implementation of countermeasures and improvements, identifying data trends.
- Produce clear, accurate reports and quotations meeting departmental targets, utilising the Eaton Response Network (ERN).
- Carry out fault rectification or repair of specific products returned from customer. (All Hydraulic brands).
- To focus on and lead Continuous Improvement activities accomplishing Departmental and Plant goals, supporting Havant manufacturing as appropriate.
- To co-ordinate the deployment of the Eaton Lean System (ELS) principles within the SCOE team and the interfaces with other teams.
- To ensure that all existing, new or transferred employees (temporary and permanent labour) are trained and assessed to operate the processes within the SCOE prior to being deployed.
- To ensure that the SCOE Technical team members are sufficiently trained (monitored by skills matrices) to provide flexibility and responsiveness to business and customer needs.
- To report any relevant issues to higher level supervision.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the SCOE team in the absence of the EMEA SCOE Leader
Co-ordinate and carry out Customer visits to support quality, warranty or applications engineering activities when required.
Customer Satisfaction Requirements:
- To ensure the customer is provided with quotations/reports/products to their quality and service requirements at the right standards and on time.
- Reconcile product, product documentation and produce to meet customer needs and in line with the Eaton Returns Policy.
- Maintain process control and all relevant documentation.
When liaising with customers, ensure that communication is timely and in line with Eaton’s ethics and required standards of behaviour.
- Demonstrates a broad technical knowledge and an understanding of hydraulic systems and system components within all hydraulics product ranges.
- Demonstrates the ability to disassemble and re-assemble products and parts whilst protecting evidence of root cause failure and produce clear, concise reports of the same.
- Broad understanding, knowledge and ability to apply ELS principles in the Team area.
- Capable of co-coordinating training and subsequent capability assessment, delivering training where appropriate.
- Co-ordination and motivation skills whilst supporting colleagues.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external customers, role modelling best practice behaviour.
Demonstrates competence in database and general IT utilization in providing analysis, technical reports and general communications.
Candidate applying for this vacancy will be subject of the background screening process.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No