- Lead India SCM team for Hydraulic and Vehicle Operations in India.
- Manage and oversee the procurement of all goods, supplies, and services.
- Identify capability gaps, Plan & Implement to build necessary capabilities to meet Profit plan and Strategic Plan Goals.
- Work to bring in strong synergy with Enterprise and Business specific SCM organizations to achieve SCM goals in Purchasing, Supplier Development, Supply Quality and Cost out.
- Manage the design, implementation, and execution of robust sourcing processes and strategies, leveraging Eaton tools and processes to ensure Eaton achieves the most favorable prices, quality, lead time, and on-time performance
- Maintain continuous knowledge of Sales & Market trends to anticipate and proactively ensure supplier and procurement team readiness to support demand.
- Maintain knowledge of global economics and commodities to optimize sourcing plans to achieve Eaton’s financial targets
- Work with Corporate Indirect Material organization to ensure Cost out and supplier consolidation to leverage spend across Eaton businesses in India
- Use the continuous improvement framework, lean concepts, and problem solving tools to design and improve the performance of the extended supply chain function, including supplier performance
- Execute Commodity strategies within the country in alignment with Global Direct material Commodity organization
- Work with India SCM Shared Service Center to leverage resources, best practices and enhance SCM functional excellence
- Ensure to meet SCM functional goals related to Cost Out, DPO, Supplier DPPM, Supplier OTD, and Supplier performance management
- Align organizational goals to APAC / Corporate and deploy goals effectively throughout the organization.
- Conduct supplier business review in alignment with Global Procurement organizations to enhance supplier performance and relationship
- Work on Capacity forecasting, new product/program from development to Production status by effective Supplier/Outsourcing development.
- Work with Operations, Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing Engg for developing effective make or buy model to maximize the cost.
- Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold others accountable for ethical conduct in the function.
- Attract, select, develop, train, coach, appraise and motivate team members for key line and staff positions in the function.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and governance.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change.
- Develop a strong communication system to get the organization engaged in meeting the goals.
- Lead cost out and new programs from the design phase to production to meet all program timing, cost, and quality requirements. Driving early supplier involvement in new product introduction to meet key SCM initiatives and alignment with VEHICLE & HYD Group commodity plans.
- Lead SCM tactical implementation of strategic initiatives. Coordinate with engineering, manufacturing, operations and SQA to develop, manufacture, and successfully launch new projects.
- Develop and deploy Cost out strategy for assigned commodities to deliver YOY cost reduction. Establish cost out project pipeline in consultation with internal stake holders. Coordinate, monitor and implement cost out projects. Monitor and track the commodity prices , Market evaluation.
- Develop strong cross functional relationship to implement cost out projects with a partnership concept. Coordinate to negotiate commercial relationships through supply agreements for total cost of ownership for each product. Make or buy decision through strategic core/non-core analysis.
- Lead in Identifying process change, VA/VE with support of engineering/design for material cost reductions and driving the same
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferably MBA with 15-18 Yrs of strong experience in Purchase & SCM Management would be required. Candidates from Engineering / Manufacturing especially Auto component or Hydraulic industry preferred
- Should have in-depth knowledge of Purchasing, Supplier Relationship Management, Supplier Development and Quality.
- Effective communication, Leadership skill & Management roles in Engg. Industry. Communicates effectively with all management and production personnel, and can quickly and effectively build relationships at all levels.
- Must be able to effectively work in a matrix organization.
- Experience in other areas like Lean/Six Sigma, Program Management would be added advantage.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time