Eaton’s Corporate Sector is seeking a Senior Internal Audit Data Analyst. The Senior Internal Audit Data Analyst will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Senior Internal Audit Data Analyst is responsible for supporting the data analytics & audit program of the Internal Audit function. The data analytics and audit program involves identifying and creating computer assisted audit techniques that increase the depth and breathe over conventional financial audit techniques for significant company applications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will utilize available data to drive the department continuous risk identification program and work with department leadership to ensure efficient generation of actionable results and integration with the development of the risk-based audit plan.
- You will gain an understanding of business processes, evaluate potential risks and work with audit teams and customers to define data indicators of risk.
- You will identify opportunities to partner with audit teams and provide analytic services.
- You will define analytics that can deliver efficient and effective audit approaches for the audit teams.
- You will support audit teams in the data acquisition process to ensure the requirements for scoped analytics are met within reasonable timeframes.
- You will execute analytic service requests while maintaining acceptable cycle time / quality standards and effectively leveraging consulting teams.
- You will continuously improve analytic operations and audit efficiency/effectiveness by soliciting feedback, critically assessing processes, and defining improvement requirements.
- You will demonstrate analytic proficiency for all assigned applications and an array of analytic techniques in order to independently define, develop and execute complex yet meaningful analytics.
- You will perform special projects and ad-hoc data analysis requests, on an as needed basis.
- You will coordinate with department leadership to identify opportunities for continuous improvement of department's processes and practices through the use of Eaton Business System and other relevant process improvement tools. Participates with the implementation of new processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Mathematical/Statistical or Business Administration from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Professional certification (CPA, CISA, CIA, CMA, CFE etc.)
- 1-2 years’ professional experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP and Oracle
- 1-2 years’ professional experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI
- 1-2 years’ professional experience with audit data analysis tools such as ACL, IDEA
- Experience analyzing manufacturing business processes. This would include: business process flowcharting and risk/control analysis and assessment.
- Knowledge of data base structures, data mapping, and experience extracting/analyzing data from common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as SAP and Oracle.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of one or more common data analysis tools and CAAT (Computer Assisted Audit Technique) technologies (e.g., ACL, IDEA).
- Experience with one or more common visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI).
- Experience with common data analysis/mining techniques (e.g. trend analysis, data regression, data modeling)
- Working knowledge of key auditing and accounting concepts (GAAS, GAAP) and experience in supporting / participating in an audit activity.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and work in a highly fluent and fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to deliver meaningful results that clearly and succinctly report and present key issues, business impact, and recommendations for improvement.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time