THE POSITION – Vice President of Human Resources, Hydraulics Group
With roughly $2.75B in sales in 2018, and approximately 11,500 employees globally, the Hydraulics Group is one of Eaton’s most diverse and global businesses. The VP of Human Resources for Hydraulics will lead and manage the HR teams across 4 divisions and 48 global manufacturing facilities. They will partner closely with the business President and head of Finance, Operations, Supply Chain and the 4 divisional Vice Presidents that lead our Power and Motion Control Division, Fluid Conveyance Division and Golf Grip Division and Filtration Division.
- Work with the group and division leadership and functional leaders to drive change, aligning human resources programs and initiatives with strategic objectives and annual business goals. Drive unified plans with measurable objectives that support business, financial and employee engagement goals
As strategic business partner, work with Leadership teams to set direction, priorities and culture expectations, championing the Eaton Business System (EBS).
Drive HR functional excellence through deployment of Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the EBS to achieve goals and objectives. Ensure that knowledge retention and sharing mechanisms are developed, continuously improved and sustained. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division and larger organization.
Manage and develop skills of the Human Resources team to support business initiatives and goals including direct and functional reports. Encourage and drive knowledge retention and best practice sharing across the group and region.
Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention. Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead displaying Eaton Leadership Attributes to align with our vision and aspirational goals.
Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees. Utilize MESH to ensure compliance with state/federal/provincial safety requirements and drive “zero incident” culture.
Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change
Facilitate a culture where best practices are retained and shared across the Human Resources organization and the business and identify opportunities for sharing between the groups. Benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets.
- Annual profit plan / financials
Retention / Turnover
Employee engagement and other survey dimensions
Talent Assessment metrics
Days Away Case Rate; Total Recordable Case Rate
Other metrics (talent import/export, talent development and promotion rates, etc.)
- Master’s degree and/or HR certification
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment or working with a large field-based organization.
- Experience supporting multiple businesses with locations and businesses outside the United States
- Minimum of 15 years of increasing responsibility in a progressive HR environment.
- Minimum of 7 years leading experienced HR Leaders
- Significant experience with development of HR systems and strategies, leadership and organizational development and compensation administration
- Demonstrated strategic thinking capability and business acumen; prior leadership experience as strategic HR business partner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Business writing expertise.
- Excellent facilitation/ coaching skills. Strong employee relations skills with the proven ability to drive change and leadership ownership/accountability.
- Strong leader of people with proven capability to empower, motivate and develop others.
- Strong drive for results and sense of urgency; data and metrics-driven. Strong project management skills with ability to lead a cross-functional business team.
- Strong assessor of talent with proven experience in managing and upgrading talent.
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time