Eaton’s Aerospace group is currently seeking a Proposal Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MS facility.
The Proposal Manager’s primary purpose is to manage all commercial proposals activities for OEM, Aftermarket, and New Business functions. In this role, you will hold kickoff meetings and liaise with internal stake-holders to ensure proposal requirements are identified and customer’s expectations are met with submitted proposals and those commitments are executed at the time of award. The Proposal Manager will hold gate reviews, lead contract negotiations, new business proposals, and pricing activity to ensure on time submittals of proposals to customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for tracking and requirement management of all OEM, Aftermarket, and new business proposals
- You will develop and manage scorecards and pipeline tracker for open proposals as well as wins or losses
- You will host Kick Off Meetings and Gate Reviews for major proposals at the site and division level
- You will develop key templates: Proposal Overview slides, Kick Off Slides, RFP Checklist/Compliance Matrix, Fact Finding & Audit Matrix and Request for Information (RFI) submittal sheets, Gate Review Slides
- You will schedule for major proposals – Use the Approval Matrix as guidance
- You will manage Government CAS Log
- You will manage and review non-disclosure agreements
- You will support pricing and contracts tasks pre and post award (PO review or price proposals as needed)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum three (3) years working in contracts, proposals, or business management
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Jackson, MS location.
- Contracts or Program Management experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to speak to all levels of the organization
- Strong understanding of commercial/ contractual discipline
- Ability to make decisions based on detailed working knowledge of FAA/ CAS/ TINA requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time